Tawa Idli | Tava Masala Idli | Leftover Idli Upma Recipe
- Tawa idli is a tasty recipe made from either leftover idlis or fresh idlis.
- Tawa idlis can be eaten as is without accompaniment as they have enough spices and butter or oil added.
- We have made tawa idlis using gunpowder as the main spice.
- 1.5 cups chopped idli from leftover idlis
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup gunpowder
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp / 1/4 cup butter
- Heat a pan.
- Add butter.
- Melt the gunpowder in it.
- Stir and add chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Stir for a little more than a minute.
- Let it cook a bit and add idlis. Mix well.
- Stir for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Keep the flame as low as possible and cover and cook for a minute.
- After a minute, switch off the flame.
- Serve hot tawa idlis or masala idlis as breakfast or snack or as lunch box recipe.
- Note: Though you can make this recipe with oil, the butter adds an awesome flavor, texture and aroma to this recipe. You can add more butter if you wish to .