One-Pot Dal Rice Recipe in Hindi | आसान और स्वादिष्ट दाल चावल कुकर में बनाये
This one-pot dal rice recipe is from Gujarati cuisine. This dal bhaath recipe is called ek top na dal bhaath in Gujarati. This instant one-pot dal rice is nutritious and has a unique taste, which will be loved by all. This pressure cooker dal chawal sabzi is not exactly like khichdi as it is not mushy. We have shown an easy way to make this lovely one-pot meal which also lends itself well as a lunchbox recipe. Moreover, you need not prepare dal and rice separately, which reduces your cooking time while also satisfying everyone’s taste-buds at home!
So come along as we take a look at how to prepare this unique Gujarati preparation – ek top na dal bhaath:
- First, clean, soak and wash the toovar dal/arhar dal/pigeon peas and rice in sufficient water for 15-20 minutes. Then drain them on to a colander and set aside.
- Make criss-cross slits on the onions, potatoes and brinjals; taking care not to separate the segments.
- Stuff each of the onions, potatoes and brinjals evenly with the prepared masala mixture. Keep aside.
TIME TO COOK!
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker
- Once the ghee is hot, add the whole spices red chillies.
- Add the rice, toovar dal, asafoetida (hing) and turmeric powder (haldi) and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the stuffed vegetables, green peas, salt and 3 cups of hot water. Mix gently and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Once 3 whistles sound, switch off the flame and allow the pressure to subside.
- Then, open the lid of the pressure cooker and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- Mix well and serve hot!
According to simplebites.net, hard-core enthusiasts of one-pot meals suggest that a true one-pot meal must be truly self-contained, such that no other accompaniment is required to be served alongside. Indeed, our one-pot dal rice can also be served just as is, or with a simple pickle, raita or curds!
Rice is the ultimate comfort food. Check out our other rice recipes: