Dry red garlic chutney | लहसुन की सूखी चटनी | lasoon khobryachi chutney
- Dry garlic chutney is a Maharashtrian recipe, an accompaniment for vada pav, batata vada and practically every meal. The chutney is a burst of flavours as the strong pungent flavour of garlic meets the hotness of the chilli powder and nutty taste of dried coconut!
A cup is 250 ml in our recipes.
- Dry coconut grated 1/2 cup
- garlic peeled and chopped 1/4 cup
- red chilli powder preferably Kashmiri 2 tsp
- roasted cumin or jeera powder 1 tsp
- salt as per taste
- sugar 1 tsp
- dry mango powder 1 tsp
Heat a skillet.Roast garlic until it slightly changes colourand spots start appearing on it.Let it cool.In the same skillet roast the grated dry coconut. Transfer to a plate when it slightly changes colour and let it cool.Crush garlic in mortar and pestle Transfer all ingredients other than garlic to a mixer jar Pulse and grind slowly in intervals until it is powdered. Transfer to a bowlAdd the crushed garlicMix well.You can serve this as is if you don’t mind biting into a few crushed garlic pieces.But if you wish to crush the garlic further , add it to the blender now.Pulse just twice.Now, the garlic powder is slightly moist but tastes superb.