Chatpata Beans Ki Sabzi | Restaurant Style Beans Ki Sabji
- French beans made so delicious that it will have you asking for more! This Udipi Restaurant style french beans stir-fry is easy to make, yet so tasty!
- 1 cup+250 ml
- french beans 500 g
- dry coconut grated 1/4 cup
- coriander seeds 1 tsp
- cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- white sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- red chili powder 1 tsp
- garlic peeled and choped 5 flakes
- jaggery 2 tsp
- tamarind 1 tbsp
- 2 green chilies sliced
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida/ hind 1/4 tsp
- mustard seeds 1 tsp
- cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves 1 tbsp
- oil 3 tbsp
- Wash and chop the beans.
- Heat oil
- When oil is hot, add in the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds crackle, add in cumin seeds. Add hing and curry leaves. Add turmeric powder.
- Add the chopped beans.
- Stir frequently on a high flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, lower the flame and add 3 tbsp of water.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for about 8 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- While the beans is getting cooked, prepare the masala by rosting and grinding ingredients
Masala for the beans ki Sabzi
- Heat 1 tsp oil . Add the tamarind and saute for a minute. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- In the same pan, now add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds. Roast on a low flame until the sesame seeds slightly change color.
- Now, switch off the flame and add in the chopped garlic, red chili powder, a pinch of salt, roasted tamarind and 1 tsp jaggery.
- Transfer this mixture to a plate to cool down.
- After the roasted mixture cools down, transfer to a mixer jar and grind to a coarse powder without adding water.
- The masala for our beans is ready.
Steps to finish cooking
- After 8 minutes, remove the lid and check if the beans is cooked.
- Add salt, green chilies.
- Mix well and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ground masala.
- Mix well and stir for a minute. Switch off the flame.
- Yummy beans stir fry is ready. Serve with rice or Rotis.