Aloo Gobi Sabzi in Pressure Cooker | आलू गोबी शाक | Cabbage Potato Curry
Your humble cabbage or gobi is not only easy to chop and prepare, but also proven to be an excellent antioxidant containing anti-inflammatory properties! Does your child also crib about having to eat cabbage for meals? Then why not surprise them with this simple yet unique aloo gobi or cabbage and potato curry! What’s more, this recipe is entirely prepared in the pressure cooker and is totally hassle-free and instant.
Here’s the step-by-step procedure for preparing aloo-gobi sabzi in the pressure cooker:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin seeds.
- When these crackle, add the green chillies.
- Next, add in the turmeric powder.
- Immediately, after a few seconds, add in the cabbage and potatoes.
- Next, add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and sugar and mix well.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes and 3 tbsp water and saute well.
- Close the pressure cooker and put on the whistle.
- Allow the sabzi to cook on a medium flame for 3 whistles; then switch off the flame and allow the pressure to subside.
- Once the pressure has subsided, open the cooker and enjoy the delicious aroma!
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Sounds interesting? Go ahead…try this out and leave us a feedback! But hey, have you checked out our other awesome cabbage or gobi recipes? Here’s the list: